Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mom 2 Mom

Well this last week was kinda crazy. I spoke for the first time where someone invited me to speak. The other times I have been a speaker at an event, I was on the planning committee so that doesn't really count.

I was able to share my heart for children of the developing world. The ones who die every day without the world caring. I ended my first session with this. If 58 airplanes fell out of the sky today someone would do something about. But that is what happened, an average 747 carries on average 500 people. So divide 29,000, the number of children who died today from preventable causes, by 500 and the answer is 58. 58 airplanes full of beautiful children. We, in the developing world, have the resources and the ability to save these lives but we don't. We are too comfortable on our couches. I also got to share that 80% of the poorest people as live without Jesus, in a place called the 10/40 window. It was such a confirmation of my call. God has placed these people on my heart for a reason and made it personal with Jude.

I was asked to speak in August and I had no idea that it would be a confirmation in a call that was still to come. I was able to share this new calling and reveal the reality of a passion.

I got to share that my family has been asked to join a missions organization called Heart of God/Beautiful Feet. We are going to go and help them with mobilization. To help the church see the need that the peoples of the world have for Jesus, that there are places in the world that there is no one to tell their neighbor about Jesus because the neighbor doesn't know either. We also get to help people, who feel called to go and tell these people about Jesus, start their journey to the nations.

I am so excited to be heading down this path. We need to raise support before we can head down to OKC. I am so excited to see how God is going to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment